History of the R2 Initiative
The R2 Initiative started in 2011 with one major goal: Integration of all activities and strategies on reducing rework offered by "R2 Specialists" and used by "R2 Initiative Members" world-wide.
Before that, organizations listed in the R2 Specialists members directory did provide services like training and consulting on an individual and case-by-case basis. The R2 Initiative brings it all under one umbrella with a common understanding and language.
If at least one individual (R2 sponsor) within an organization has determined that the organization should become more efficient, that individual should talk to one of the R2 specialists for further assistance.
Activities under the umbrella of the R2 Initiative include the following:
- Initial discussion with R2 sponsor
- Awareness presentation(s) for management on "how to avoid cost by reducing rework".
-> R2 Initiative "Enlightened" member level
- Assessment of existing practices versus optimized processes
- Establishment and training of R2 team for process improvement
-> R2 Initiative "Commited" member level
- Consulting and Mentoring of R2 team for process improvement
- Monitoring and Certification of organization
-> R2 Initiative "Certified" member level